Skip to main content

#IWSG Weird, Cool #Writing Research


Happy May to all writers!


Pop over to Alex Cavanaugh's blog to join us for the Insecure Writers Support Group.

Today's co-hosts: Nancy Gideon, Tamara Narayan, Liesbet @ Roaming About, Michelle Wallace, and Feather Stone!

How's your writing? I'm about 40% done with my romantic suspense WIP, Twin Sacrifice. Thank you to my awesome critique partner, Nicki Elson, for her tremendous help.

I love this month's IWSG question:

What's the weirdest/coolest thing you've researched for a story?

So many weird/cool topics to choose from! I know quite a few writers like me hope our internet search histories don't alert the authorities to possible subversive behavior. Here are my highlights:

* Building bomb triggers

* Layout of rooms in the White House

* Effects of Rohypnol (Roofies) on the body

* How to get a gun through airport security

And my most fun research? Taking a Chicago architectural cruise.



I look forward to hearing what funky stuff you've researched!

Comments

Awesome you're almost halfway.
I'd almost be afraid to hear the answer to the gun research.
S.A. Larsenッ said…
Haha! Looking at your list of research topics I'm thinking your google history might be flagged by the gov. LOL (JK) Of course, it all makes sense with what you write. I've done some strange researching myself, but can't for the life of me think of any at the moment. I did gather facts on butterflies and was amazed to learn how many different species exist.
Nancy Gideon said…
LOL! We're an odd lot, aren't we, but rarely dangerous . . . except to our characters.
Nicki Elson said…
Haha, oh yes, you've done quite a bit of interesting research. There might be an FBI file on you, but I wouldn't worry about it *too* much.