Skip to main content

What #songs Inspired New Release SPIKED (Blocked #3)?



Spiked has been out in the world for a week, generating wonderful reviews!

"Starting from the moving dedication to victims of trauma, to the very satisfying ending, this was not only a very engaging book, but also thought-provoking and inspirational."
~Teresa from Goodreads


"I FLOVE MATEO AND JESSICA.

FLOVE, FLOVE, FLOVE.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't like this broken guy who ends up being perfectly imperfect with a girl he never thought he would chance to meet. She is beautiful, smart, and yet utterly broken as well.

They build each other up as much as they break each other's walls down."

~Amy's Review Obsession (this one made me laugh!)


The hero Mateo Ramirez is a singer/songwriter, so music is quite important to the story.

Which songs inspired SPIKED?

1) Lay it All on Me by Rudimental featuring Ed Sheeran


Let my love in, let my love in 

Lay your heart on me 

If you're hurting, if you're hurting 

Lay it all on me 





2) Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan


When the evening shadows and the stars appear

And there is no one there to dry your tears

I could hold you for a million years

To make you feel my love.





3) Yesterday’s Songs by Neil Diamond


Baby, yesterday's blues

May be yesterday's news

But the truth always stays the same

And the good things will never change

Like sayin' "I love you"

Just sayin' "I love you"




Check out Nicki Elson's post about another pivotal song on my Spiked playlist HERE.

What songs inspire you as a writer or reader?

Don't forget to enter the $25 gift card giveaway HERE. It ends 10/15.

Comments

Glad week one has been successful!
Music is very inspirational to me.
Julie Flanders said…
I always love to read about the songs that inspire stories. Interesting list!
Congrats on a great first week!!
Nicki Elson said…
Ha! There had to be Neil Diamond on there. Have you seen this scene on Big Bang Theory?

Congrats on a great first week. Nice to have the Highbanks crew all out in the world.