Skip to main content

Insecure Writer's Support Group #IWSG

Inspiration in Strange Places

Hey, fellow writers! *waves* 

My main insecurity this month is my book sales. Two words: They suck. ;-) 

Hope you published authors out there are doing better!

But I am enjoying writing my current work-in-progress: a New Adult volleyball romance titled Blocked

I have fun finding inspiration in strange places, like my volleyball board on Pinterest. I'm proud that I worked this quote into my novel:


Where do you find random inspiration?

I'm not sure if any IWSGers will attend the New Adult Sleepover Weekend December 6-8 in Savannah, Georgia, but I WILL BE THERE! I'm super stoked to party with authors and readers.

Comments

The weirdest place I find inspiration is myself - I'll say something in conversation, and immediately write it down for future use... Yes, I am all ego!! I love that volleyball quote :-)

As for sales, I've forgotten what they are!! I hope yours improve.
Jennifer Lane said…
Annalisa, that happens to me too, but mostly something funny my friends have said. They're hilarious!

I enjoyed your post but I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment. I hope you see this.
Thanks for mentioning your problem of commenting on my post. I think I've fixed it now :-)
Have a great time in Savannah!
I think all sales are down right now with Christmas approaching, so don't feel bad.
Cherie Colyer said…
I find inspiration everywhere, which is probably why I have so many ideas for stories that it's sometimes hard to decide what to work on next.

Enjoy the sleepover! I've seen info on it and it sounds like a great event.
Nicki Elson said…
THAT is an awesome quote! Totaly T-shirt worthy. ;)

Let's see, for my latest WIP I found inspiration from...yeeeah, not quite ready to go public with that yet, hehe.

Have so much fun at the sleepover. I wish I wish I could join you!