Skip to main content

The Liebster Award...Yah!

Danke to awesome author Nicki Elson for bestowing the Liebster Award upon me. LIEBSTER is a German word meaning sweetheart or beloved person. Nicki is indeed a LIebster!



This award is given to bloggers by bloggers and gives glimpses into our lives. We give 11 fun facts about ourselves, answer 11 questions, pass the award on to 11 bloggers and then ask 11 new questions.

Okay, sadly I have to decrease the number from 11 to 5. I’ve had a really long day at work and I still need to do some cleaning for book club tomorrow night.

5 Fun Facts about Me:

1. I speak a secret language called “ive”. We spoke it on my college swim team. Here are those same two sentences in ive: Ivi spiveak iva sivicrivet livanguivage civalled ivive. Wive spivoke ivit ivon mivy civollivege swivim tiveam.

2. I’d like to get a dog, but I don’t know if I’m ready for the responsibility.

3. My friend Eric and I judge those who don’t understand swimming etiquette at our pool. We’re harsh!

4. Almost all of my past boyfriends have turned out to be gay. I like the unavailable types.

5. My toes are as long as some people’s fingers. Flipper feet!

Questions from Nicki:

1. Les Mis or Sweeney Todd?
Les Mis fo shizzle! Jean Val Jean is one of my fave characters.

2. What are the toppings on your dream hamburger?
Pickles, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, ketchup

3. What city (that you've never visited) do you most want to visit?
Barcelona, Spain

4. Favorite city (that you have visited).
Chicago! (duh)

5. You can only choose one: would you rather write a book that's a best seller or a book that's highly acclaimed?
Best seller. I’m shallow that way. And “highly acclaimed” is so subjective. I’d rather write a book that makes ME proud and that evokes intense emotion in readers.

Now I get to pick 5 bloggers and ask 5 new questions. I choose (and if you've already been tagged for this award, consider your "obligations" fulfilled):


Your new questions:

1. What’s your favorite romantic couple? (stealing this one from Nicki)
2. Briefs or boxers?
3. When you became an author, whose support or lack thereof surprised you the most?
4. What do you listen to on the car radio?
5. What’s the kindest thing somebody did for you?

Please stop by to let me know when you've posted your answers because I definitely want to read them!

The Liebster Rules: 1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. 2. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself / herself. 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger. 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post. 5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees. 6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated. 7. No tag backs.

Comments

Cherie Colyer said…
Hi Jennifer! Love your secret language. Definitely agree that Chicago is a fun city and Spain is on my list of places I'd like to visit, too. It's fun to learn a little more about you :)
Nicki Elson said…
Your speedy acceptance of this award more than makes up for the extra 6 things. So yeah, I guess you do enjoy a challenge when it comes to dating. Barcelona was the city that popped into my head when I asked that question! I appreciate your honest answer in question 5. I think you're right---a book that can evoke intense emotions in readers is its own acclaim.

Boy, Blogger sure did pull a number on you with the font colors. Kinda cool though too.